HOW IT WORKS
This technique is an exercise in repositioning. Consider your healthcare product, service, or experience from a different point of view. What if the product was envisioned from a systems vantage point? What if the system was considered as a series of individual interactions and experiences? Use this exercise to rethink and challenge constraints and assumptions.
Working in a resource-constrained environment, we often gravitate towards solutions that are tried and true. As we know, there is little to no room for error in healthcare interactions, particularly those of a clinical nature.
How can we enhance the way users experience our brand? How do we empower the communities we serve to take an active role in their health and well-being? How do we position our hospital or health system as a health improvement organization? Stop and reflect on the traditional efforts that may certainly be easy to implement and comfortable—yet at what cost?
How to Get Started
- Consider the voice, strategy, or experience of your organization and assess the current state through the following lenses of the following—
- Communication and messages
- Tangible products and artifacts
- Interactions and services
- Interfaces and digital experiences
- Human-to-human experiences
- Environments—social, spiritual, and political
- Environments—physical spaces
- Brand and culture
- Systems and organizational structures
- Use these insights to focus and prioritize within your topic of exploration.
- Ignite an internal dialogue to evaluate preexisting voice, strategy, and/or experience efforts.